The present text written in English is a translation of the original text written in Spanish. In the case of discrepancy between the original
text in Spanish and the text written in English, the original text in Spanish is the legally binding text.
The present statement is set forth pursuant to the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Individuals (LFDPPP in Spanish) and to ensure the protection and privacy of personal data, as well as to regulate the access, rectification, cancellation and objection to the processing there of in consideration of informational self-determination.
In accordance with the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Individuals we inform you that the personal data collected from the subscription requests, applications, statements, notices and/or other manifestations you made through electronic or printed media shall be used and safeguarded solely by the company denominated SERVICIOS ESTRATEGICOS EN TECNOLOGÍAS DE INFORMACIÓN S. DE RL. DE CV. (hereinafter denominated SERTI) in a database under the strictest confidentiality pursuant to the security policies and procedures implemented by SERTI. The personal data we collect personally and directly includes but is not limited to: name, domicile, telephone, email address, signature, Federal Taxpayer’s Registry Number (RFC), Sole Population Code (CURP), date of birth, age, nationality, marital status, etc.; work information: position, domicile, email address, telephone number, etc.; financial information: tax information, credit history, bank accounts, income and expenses, etc.; academic information: education background, titles, professional certification number, etc.
PURPOSE OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The purpose of processing your personal data is exclusively the procurement and promotion of professional services rendered by SERTI such as consultancy, training, technical support related to the development of computer programs, service and maintenance thereof; including the creation of databases, purchase-sale, installation, maintenance, renting and distribution of computer equipment. Likewise, to render services, provide information, special offers and any other matter related to your interests or to associate you to any legal or business practice with us, as well as to inform you of any changes and to evaluate the quality of service we offer you. In the same vein, SERTI can use the image of its clients for informational, promotional, and advertising purposes through electronic and printed media.
What is the purpose of collecting your personal data?
- To identify and register you as our client.
- To keep our database updated.
- To issue applicable tax invoices.
- To provide personal support and follow-up for questions, claims or any other matter under our jurisdiction.
- To comply with SERTI’s obligations, policies and procedures as well as those of its collaborating companies.
You undertake that the data you provide to SERTI will be true, complete, and accurate. Any false, incomplete, or inaccurate data shall be your sole responsibility. You also undertake to keep your data updated both voluntarily and when SERTI requests it, exercising your Right to Rectify Personal Data.
As a user of SERTI, you will be responsible to keep the confidentiality of the information you process. Likewise, you are solely and completely responsible for all activities which take place during the effective period of the acquired services covered in the contract.
SERTI’s collaborating companies will not be held responsible for any loss or harm that may occur.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
You may at any time withdraw the consent you have granted to process your personal data in order to cancel the use thereof until you sign a legal act with SERTI.
- a) For that, you must submit your written application to the domicile at Shakespeare #21, piso 10, Nueva Anzures, CP 11590, Miguel Hidalgo, Mexico City. The application must contain the following information:
- Full name, domicile, and email address.
- Copy of identification of the holder of the rights.
- Reasons for which you are requesting withdrawal of consent.
Once you submit your application, SERTI will issue a response in no more than 20 business days.
PROCEDURE TO EXERCISE THE RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, CANCELLATION OR OPPOSITION (ARCO) OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may, at any time, exercise your ARCO rights by submitting a written request, which must contain the following:
- Full name, domicile, and email address.
- Copy of identification of the holder of the rights or document proving the identity of the parent or guardian.
- A clear and accurate specification of the personal data to which you want to have access and the ARCO right (access, rectification, cancellation, or opposition) you want to exercise.
- Any other element or document that may facilitate the location of the personal data.
- In case of rectification of the personal data, you must also specify the reason why you oppose to the processing thereof.
Once the application is submitted, SERTI will issue a response within a maximum of 20 business days. In case the request is authorized, SERTI will put into effect your right(s) within a term of 15 business days after the aforementioned 20 days.
It is important to save the application record since it will be required if a new proceeding is filed before the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Personal Data Protection (INAI in Spanish).
Likewise, we inform you that the terms of storage of personal data in our database will be:
- In the case of the CLIENTS, the storage of personal data will be for a maximum term of 5 years after termination of the “SERVICE CONTRACT,” unless the contractual relationship exceeds such term.
- In the case of EMPLOYEES, the storage of personal data will be for a maximum term of 5 years after their departure and termination of the “EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT”; as well as for those employees with a “PROFESSIONAL FEES” contract.
Once these periods have elapsed, and if the purpose of the processing of the personal data has been fulfilled, the data will be cancelled and subsequently deleted from the database.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal data may be transferred and processed within the country by persons other than SERTI. Thus, your information may be shared with SERTI’s Public Notaries and/or external attorneys for the collection of debts or due to legal disputes.
Due to the foregoing and by signing the present statement, I agree irrevocably and authorize SERTI to transfer my personal data on the aforementioned terms. Pursuant to the legislation in matters of personal data protection, the transfer thereof may be carried out by national and foreign entities without your consent solely under the following circumstances:
- To share with competent authorities in the cases provided for by law, particularly where they are required to support an investigation or proceedings of a judicial or administrative nature.
- To share with SERTI’s affiliated companies and subsidiaries to contact you directly or indirectly to promote and offer their products or services.
- When legally required by the legislation in force.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
SERTI reserves the right to modify at any time the present Privacy Statement, informing you of such changes in writing and/or through a notice in the company’s website: https://www.serti.com.mx.
Once made available to you, and if you do not express your opposition, it will be understood that you tacitly agree to the processing of your data.
Last update: May 5, 2020.
The present text written in English is a translation of the original text written in Spanish. In the case of discrepancy between the original text in Spanish and the text written in English, the original text in Spanish is the legally binding text.